Monday, 26 March 2012

Nail Art Attempt #1




 This is my first attempt at Nail Art since a long time. When I was a teenager I used to draw on my nails using a calligraphy pen and black China ink! Today's post on the Beauty Department website looked so easy that I didn't resist and gave it a go as soon as I came back from work.


I love this Revlon polish I used as a base (I actually painted my nails a couple of days ago without the white dots). I got it in Poundland (look out for the Famous brands packaging in the make-up, this is where I also found my lovely Rimmel lipstick). I picked the white polish once in Boots and I never used it before, but now I think I will be going polka dot mad!!!

Using a pin is surprisingly easy, and with a bit of practice all the dots should look the same. My next attempt will probably involves scallops!!!

xx

5 comments:

Tors said...

What a great idea! I never thought you did the dots by using a pin, so very clever.

Jordan said...

very cute! :)

Wendy said...

What lovely nails! and what a steady hand you must have I'm hopelessly wobbly:) That said it does make me want to use red and black to make nail ladybirds:)

Popbabe7 said...

Thanks all!

I would have never thought of using a pin either, but it works brilliantly. This is why I love the Mani Monday posts on the Beauty Department site, they show stunning results without having to buy expensive tools!

Ladybird nails- what a great idea!

Ana said...

great idea!!
I'll try to use a pin to make dots on my own nails, clever idea!!
***

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...