Monday, 6 February 2012

Phildar 63-T11-373 DONE!!!!

I have completed my first knitting project of 2012! You might remember that I was planning on making the jumper below for my sister's birthday, so after a rather big order from Phildar it was time to get knitting!!







This is a great project, quite easy to make and a fast knit. It uses 2 strands of Phil Light together on 9mm needles. I never tried knitting with two strands of yarn before, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It's quite funny how quickly you become used to it actually.

Here is my version- size 42/44




Obviously it doesn't look as good as on the model... I do find it a bit boxy but as it is quite a loose fit I hope it won't look as boxy when it's worn. It's knitted in purl stitch and the collar is sewn with the wrong side facing. The contrast makes it more interesting!

Since I was on a tight schedule there was a bit of frantic knitting, but it only took me 3 weeks from start to finish. Sewing it all together took me ages... The only problem I had was with some of the instructions which were a bit unclear for a beginner like me. I messed up on one shoulder when I was decreasing on the wrong side, creating massive holes (I managed to sort it out when sewing all the parts together- phew!). And my sewing is not completely perfect. Still, I don't think it's too bad for a first time. I do hope she will like it and would be very curious to see how it fits her.

I was seriously considering a break from knitting yesterday after painstakingly sewing the jumper together, but I still have to finish my purple jumper, so I better get back on my needles A.S.A.P!!


Before I go, two blog-related news:


  • I will be a guest on Noa's Libellule blog this week- go and check out her blog, she is super talented and is hosting a fab giveaway at the moment!
  • You might have noticed Fashion from the Past's Sew Grateful button on my blog- I'm in! I will be sewing something from a book offered to me- yes! Something nice from Sweet Nothings! I am hoping to get this completed by the end of the week.
That's it for now!!

x


2 comments:

Tors said...

Well I think it looks great, you've done a great job and if there were ever holes you certainly can't see them now! I'm sure your sister will love it, roll on the next project?

Popbabe7 said...

Thank you! Because it snowed so much in France she hasn't received the jumper yet, I can't wait to see how it fits!

Definite roll on to the next project- my burgundy jumper which was temporarily left on the needles. I am hoping to get this one done in 2 weeks time. My break from knitting was short lived!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...