Friday, 27 January 2012

Fashion inspiration: 1920s (and beyond)

Oh dear I haven't blogged a lot lately... To be honest I haven't got much to blog about at the moment. Last week I received a gigantic parcel from Phildar and since then I've made a start on the jumper for my sister's birthday. I have completed the front and am nearly half-way through the back. It's a very nice pattern to knit- and on 9mm needles it grows quickly. I am hoping to complete it some time next week- and will post a complete review when it's done.

What I have been doing though is collect all sorts of pictures from the 20s and beyond I found online. I thought I'd share them with you- they are too nice to keep to myself. Lots and lots of inspiring things... I have to get back to my sewing machine....


 Enjoy!











Clara Bow


Anna May Wong

Lillian Gish





Louise Brooks


The following pictures were found on this beautiful site.






Have a fantastic week-end. Nothing massive planned here, just a friend coming over and staying overnight. Hopefully the weather will be nice and allow us a day on the seaside...

x


 





1 comment:

Noas' Libellule said...

The Anna May Wong is SO contemporary I cannot get over it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...