Monday, 21 November 2011

A Project A Week 45: Knitted baby blanket

I have just been away for a well deserved and very restful week with my family. It was also the occasion to check on my sister and the bump, who is now quite big! I took some wool with me with the plan of knitting a chunky baby blanket. I started last Saturday and finished a week later, and this involved quite intensive knitting (including knitting in the car- as a passenger of course!!)



Sorry for the wonky bed- due to a big "edredon" in my bed!!

Close-up of the stocking stitch


Garter-stitch border!!

I just made this up as I went along: I knitted the first couple of rows then switched to a border of 5 knit on each side and the rest knit/purl. I took me a long time but now I'm loving it :-)

I used 8 balls of Phildar Rapido in Souris (Mouse Grey) from my stash originally bought on this website. This yarn was part of their discontinued sales and was quite cheap. I had some 8mm circular needles so made the most of them since I casted on quite a lot of stitches...

I didn't take the measurements but it is roughly 65cm x 80cm and feels very warm and snugly. It is now waiting for a little one to come to this world!

xx



5 comments:

La fille dans sa cabane said...

Wouahou !!! Chapeau ! C'est vraiment canon !

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

Good job! Nice gift for the wee one.

Sarah said...

I love this snuggly blanket! As a new knitter myself, I am in complete and total awe of knitting projects.

Thank you so much for coming by and commenting on my blog today. I love to meet new people :)

Noas' Libellule said...

I love the colour, nice work. I do love knitting when I am in the car actually. Is that stockinette stitch???

Popbabe7 said...

Thank you all for your kind comments!

@ Noas' Libellule: yes it's a mix of garter and stockinette stitch. I quite like knitting it now :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...