Tuesday, 27 September 2011

23.09.2011 Autumn Equinox

I’m a little bit late for this post but didn’t want to miss Noas’ link party!

The aim of this post is to show what Autumn represents for you. It’s always a peculiar time of the year for me. It used to mean going back to school, and now it means preparing for the students going back to school! (Actually, this post made me realise that I NEVER got out of the educational circuit as I started working as a language assistant straight after my university studies- and then started  working in a College!!).

Autumn means that you need to cover up to keep warm: boots, opaque tights, and snood!


Phildar Winter Catalogue www.phildar.fr

Promod.co.uk



Promod.co.uk



Autumn means accessories: hats, gloves, scarves. It is a very ladylike season.

www.Riverisland.com

Leather midi skirt seen on Guardian.co.uk- maybe this would be do-able with fake leather??

H&M: I haven't given up on making my own version of this skirt



Autumn means cosying up on the sofa whilst dreaming of your next knitting project...

www.Phildar.fr- a bargain for less than £15


Autumn means packing your Summer clothes and falling in love again with some winter clothes you forgot you had!!

xxx

4 comments:

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

I still dream of being in school after all these years...

You would look great in a cloche hat. Get busy, now!

Popbabe7 said...

I did buy this hat but it's too big for my head. Shame!!

Noas' Libellule said...

I love that selection... that leather skirt - in burgundy.. that would be brilliant if you could make one!

thanks for linking in!

www.noaslibellule.blogspot.com

Popbabe7 said...

It has been on my mind since I saw it. On the guardian it's a ridiculous price (more than £150 I believe) and I think it would be very easy to make with a fake leather fabric- it just looks like a simple midi circle skirt with a thin waistband and I noticed Casey at Elegant Musings posted a circle skirt sew along a coupld of weeks ago....

My to-do list for skirts is getting longer and longer though- must start sewing again!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...