Sunday, 17 July 2011

A Project A Week 28: Home made elasticated belt

I love love love elasticated belts!!! I like wearing them to emphasize my waist and draw the attention away from my hips! They just seem to give an hourglass figure effortlessly. Oooh I love them.

I suspected they were easy to make- after all it's just elastic and a buckle- but I never managed to find elastic wide enough or buckles. I was in luck a couple of weeks ago though when I came across a shop in Swansea, Knitters and Sewers ' world. The name says it all- they have an incredible range of sewing accessories. I grabbed some wide elastic and 2 pairs of belt buckles (for £1.14!!)... and left them in the shop!! It's only 20 minutes later that I realised, and went back to get it.

Sewing one of these takes literally 2 minutes. You stick the elastic in one side of the buckle, sew to secure it, do the same on the other side, and that's it!!



Oh the options you have then!!! Decorate with cute buttons, flower fabric, lace... the list is endless!!

Until next time,

xxx

3 comments:

Noas' Libellule said...

Catching up with your projects... I have only been gone for a long weekend!!! Love the belt and it sounds like it is really really easy! Loved the swimsuit as well - and the pose!

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

Good idea and great word "elasticized"! BTW, I really like your sidebar that says you like to create beautiful things even if nobody cares! o:)

CottonCloud said...

J'adore les ceintures comme ça :D. Ca met tout de suite en valeur en plus. Beau travail !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...