Friday, 1 July 2011

A Project A Week 22: Crochet gift kit

I am trying to catch up on my projects... I can't promise I will get up to week 26 by the end of this week-end (I haven't got enough projects!!) but I will try my best, after all this is meant to be fun and not a chore!!!

I've been doing a bit of knitting and a bit of crochet lately, due to the early demise of my Singer Featherweight. In the office we had a temp for a couple of months called K, she was a really sweet and lovely girl, chatty and funny. This week was her last with us and we all felt very sad to see her go. It seemed like she has always been part of the office! She is moving to London in a couple of months to resume her studies and we wanted to wish her all the best by giving her some gifts. So we all chipped in and got bottles of wine and nice chocolates, but I felt she deserved something a bit more personal. I remembered chatting with her about knitting, she told me she learnt to knit a couple of months ago and the only thing she made was a scarf, so I suggested checking Ravelry for more exciting patterns. She told me she really wanted to learn crochet as well, the idea stuck in my mind and when it came to find her a gift I knew I should give her a crochet kit!


I made the little bag in two evenings and threaded some ribbon in to give it a bit more character. The DVD was part of one these collections you get at newsagents- on its own it is still very useful, showing you the basics of crochet.


 In the bag I put a 4mm crochet hook, some yarn and a lipstick as I know she loves make-up :-)

She was really pleased with all her gifts and thought it was very thoughtful of me- she now plans to make a crochet dress! I think she'll need a bit more yarn though!

Until next time,

xx

2 comments:

Noas' Libellule said...

Great present! How thoughtful of you!

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

What a nice thing for you to do! You KNOW she really appreciated it. Very thoughtful and who knows, you may have started her on a craft she will love forever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...