Friday, 8 July 2011

7 days 7 positive things...


Hello! Here are my 7 positive things for this week just gone:

  • Saturday was a great day! The weather was fabulous so we headed to Porthcawl. We had a little bit of window shopping – mostly me going to the wool and buttons shop at the end of the Street! I got some merino wool, knitting needles, cute buttons and some lace bundle for 50p a piece. We then spent a while in the sea, dipping our toes in the cold water.

  • The fun carried on Sunday, when we went to the Knapp in Barry. We stayed there for a couple of hours and I am grateful we packed some sun protection with us, otherwise we would have been roasting!

  • I’ve had the loveliest fish and chips on Saturday- I am so becoming a Brit!!

  • On Wednesday I had an evening on my own as my partner and his brother went to see Transformers 3. I watched the second part of Blonde, the 2001 Marilyn Monroe Biopic, while doing a bit of knitting and drinking a hot chocolate. It’s nice sometimes to have some time on your own, don’t you think?

  • I’ve been featured on Knit Spirit’s Great Mug Cosy Contest!!

  • We’re looking forward to seeing my partner’s parents this week-end!!

  • And finally....



Yes!!!! I got my new sewing machine- I am hoping to post more on this later. A Project A Week is coming back in full swing as well!!!

EDIT: Have a look at this fantastic video from 1922- stunning!! (Watch this with the sound off as contemporary music has been added- shame)



Until next time,

xxx

1 comment:

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

So excited for you to get your new sewing machine! You will make lots of beautiful things with it, I'm sure, and looking forward to seeing some of your creations. !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...