Hello! Here are my 7 positive things for this week just gone:
- Saturday was a great day! The weather was fabulous so we headed to Porthcawl. We had a little bit of window shopping – mostly me going to the wool and buttons shop at the end of the Street! I got some merino wool, knitting needles, cute buttons and some lace bundle for 50p a piece. We then spent a while in the sea, dipping our toes in the cold water.
- The fun carried on Sunday, when we went to the Knapp in Barry. We stayed there for a couple of hours and I am grateful we packed some sun protection with us, otherwise we would have been roasting!
- I’ve had the loveliest fish and chips on Saturday- I am so becoming a Brit!!
- On Wednesday I had an evening on my own as my partner and his brother went to see Transformers 3. I watched the second part of Blonde, the 2001 Marilyn Monroe Biopic, while doing a bit of knitting and drinking a hot chocolate. It’s nice sometimes to have some time on your own, don’t you think?
- I’ve been featured on Knit Spirit’s Great Mug Cosy Contest!!
- We’re looking forward to seeing my partner’s parents this week-end!!
- And finally....
Yes!!!! I got my new sewing machine- I am hoping to post more on this later. A Project A Week is coming back in full swing as well!!!
EDIT: Have a look at this fantastic video from 1922- stunning!! (Watch this with the sound off as contemporary music has been added- shame)
Until next time,