Friday, 24 June 2011

Friday’s post: 7 days 7 positive things


Hi all and happy Friday! Here are my 7 positive things:

  • My sewing room is now back to its old self, and even had a bit of an up-do. I got some pots in IKEA which I filled with buttons, zips and ribbons, and a set of plastic chest of drawers to put bits and bobs. It’s just a shame that my sewing machine started playing up!!! I suspect it’s on its last leg, which is fair enough knowing that I’m the 3rd owner and that it’s been heavily used for the last 30 years or so. I’d like to treat myself to a Singer 3321 but I need to save a bit of money before I can get it. (This also explains why I haven’t been able to post any more projects...)

  • Last Friday we had another great evening this time thanks to a selection of Guitar Hero game and a microphone. It’s lucky we don’t have neighbours under our flat at the moment...

  • On Monday I took part in a blow-dry competition so got pampered for free!! I didn’t like the look of my hair after though- way too bouffant. I’m happy with my flat hair!

  • I won a book by commenting on the Paresseuses blog.

  • Talking of books, I did treat myself (will have to stop for a while if I want my sewing machine) and ordered Knitting Patterns For Dummies by Kristi Porter and Simple Knits for Cherished Babies by Erika Knight. I wanted these two books for a while and Amazon had them for less than £15 both so I gave in. I really like Kristi Porter’s designs. At the moment I’m trying to knit the Sonnet cardigan. I already had a book by Erika Knight but this one is much simpler. I’ll try to post a review on each books once I get to read them in depth- and use them.

  • Tonight I am going to a party organised by work!! I don’t go out very often so I’m very excited about it (although I think I’ll need a nap before going as I’m knackered). We are undergoing major changes (a merge) so this is a good time to say goodbye to work as we know it. It’s also a great excuse to dress up. I was going to make myself a 20’s style headband but didn’t have any glue handy. So I’ll see what I can do!

  • Finally, I wanted to say thank you to anyone who took the time to leave a comment in the last week! This has really made me happy so THANK YOU!!

xx

1 comment:

Noas' Libellule said...

Happy Friday.. Love your 7 positive things! And enjoy reading ALL your new books!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...