Friday, 3 June 2011

Friday post: 7 positive things

First of all apologies for leaving this blog a bit silent lately. As I said before a lot of unexpected things happened last week and they have slightly disturbed my usually oh-so-quiet daily life. Basically my boyfriend’s brother has moved in temporarily with us until he finds a place to stay. Things haven’t worked out lately with his girlfriend. He was living at hers and things were getting more and more awkward. At the moment we are using the spare room to keep his things, so as you can guess I can’t really use my sewing space anymore, and I haven’t had time to do any crafty stuff lately. All I need to do is to get back in the swing of it.

Anyway as it is Friday here are my 7 positive things from the week just gone:

  • Although our little routine has been shaken up these last few days, it has been like a breath of fresh air having someone else staying with us. It has also been good for him to be able to talk to us, as he had a lot on his chest. We’ve had a great evening on Guitar Hero and Rock Band doing karaoke.
  • Last week-end we made a short stay at my boyfriend’s parents and it was- as usual- lovely to see them.
  • And for the first time I wasn’t the one driving so could finally admire the wonderful scenery of the Brecon Beacons without having to worry about watching the road!
  • I finally hopefully found my Holy Grail in the shoes department. I was after a pair of small heeled, stylish shoes which would be comfortable enough for everyday wear. Flat pumps hurt my feet after a while (feels like the beginning of a cramp- really awful) and most of my shoes are just not comfy enough for a whole day. So I am putting a lot of hope in these . Less than £30 on eBay, brand new- not bad for a pair of Clarks!

  •   My mum received her Mother’s day parcel on Monday (1 day after Mother’s day in France) and was absolutely thrilled with the crochet shrug I made.
  • I have watched the first part of Blonde, a two-part, made for TV film on the life of Marilyn Monroe. It is available on a site called BlinkBox and is free and legal to watch. The only downside is that you get quite a lot of ad breaks, but they have lots and lots of really fascinating movies to watch for free. I have my eyes set on Grey Gardens, Lagarfeld Confidential, Holiday (1957 film about holidays in Great Britain), Shangai Surprise, Indochine and the two part series on Audrey Hepburn. But first I’ll have to watch the second part of Blonde. It is really well made and Poppy Montgomery is really good as Marilyn.
  • Finally, after a dreary month full of rain, cold and gale force winds, seeing the sun shine today and FINALLY being able to pick a summer dress was absolutely fantastic. Too bad the zipper on the first dress I put on this morning broke when I put on my shoes. Ah well, it gave me the perfect excuse to pick another dress!
I came accross this link this morning. It's really good to see that people are still getting actively involved to raise funds for Japan. It has not been in the news so much lately but sadly it doesn't mean that the situation has improved.

Wishing you a lovely (and hopefully sunny) week-end.

Until next time,

xx

2 comments:

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

Love those shoes!

Am going to copy your "7 Days and 7Positive Things"

Noas' Libellule said...

Great idea to make sure you remind yourself of the positives. Hope you manage to get back onto your projects soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...