Happy Friday all- again this week has gone so quickly! Time for me to look back on 7 great things from last week.
- Last Friday night I had a great time. We didn’t do anything fancy, just stayed at home, ordered a take-away and played cards while listening to music. We also had a couple of drinks- which is very rare for me as I don’t usually drink alcohol. It was really good fun and just proves to show you don’t need much to have a good time.
- On Saturday we went to Swansea and I discovered a new yarn shop thanks to my boyfriend’s brother- his ex-girlfriend was a knitter. This shop is fantastic!!! I managed to get some really cool buckles to make my own belts and some lovely chunky yarn. And they had wooden knitting needles for 50p!! Bargain!
- I was really naughty and I went to Hobbycraft on Sunday despite the awful weather and found a really good deal there: some Sirdar Balmoral (a mix of wool, alpaca and silk) at £1.99 a ball. I wasn’t happy with the wool I picked for my Sonnet cardigan and decided to try this one instead. So far, so good- but I haven’t started the box stitch yet! I also got some Sirdar Click which was from the same batch that I already had in my stash- lucky!
- Last bargain find of the week: Phildar Rapido- a chunky yarn- on sale for £1.20 a ball online. Now I’m not allowing myself to buy any more yarn for a while, and will sell some of the ones I’m not going to use on eBay.
- I also treated myself to some Beauty product from Lush – more on this in a later post.
- I love old traditional tales so it’s been delightful to watch Jim Henson’s The Storyteller series- John Hurt is great as the storyteller and the animated dog is too cute!!
- Finally, we’ve got a busy week-end ahead. Yes, my boyfriend’s brother is moving to his new place and we’ll give him a hand taking some stuff up there. And then, well... the spare room is mine again!! YEEEAAAHHH!!!