Monday, 16 May 2011

Inspirations of the moment and to do list

Hello and apologies for the lack of posting last week. Between the Blogger outage and a nasty bug-which I am still fighting- I haven't had the time to take pics of my project for week 19. It is nearly finished so it should be up soon.

In the meantime I wanted to share a couple of pictures I have been collecting over the last few weeks with you, along with what I am planning on doing in the next few weeks- I already did this a couple of months ago (just before Knitting and Crochet Blog Week) and looking back I realised I actually manage to do a couple of projects on my to-do list!

I absolutely love looking on the Phildar website, as they always have really cool patterns and very often, yarn sales. If I had more time and was more skilled, I would fancy having a go at this dress:


As mentioned before I learnt to crochet and I love it! I got a whole set of crochet hooks from eBay and I have been looking at projects to make on Ravelry and around the Internet. I really like these pics below (still from Phildar):


Must. Have. This!!!
Although it would probably look a bit out of place at this time of the year, I quite fancy knitting a flower like this one, seen on Folksy I believe:



Also on my to-do list:

  • Gaelle from Knit Spirit has launched a mug cozy contest. I already knitted one for APAW, so this time I will make a crocheted one. There are plenty of inspiring designs on Ravelry- the hardest part will be picking the yarn!
  • I have a very exciting project in the pipeline: a homemade retro bikini set. The top is already done and I should sort out the bottom this week so stay tuned. It is a definite success so far and EXTREMELY easy- you will never want to buy another bikini again!
  • I am also in the middle of making a lacy style scarf with crocheted edges. "Lacy style" because I am not working with lace, and I'm not using complicated stitches, I am just using a beautiful, mohair looking yarn on slightly bigger needles than I should use. So far it looks great and I even figured out how to transfer the crochet bit onto my needles without messing everything up. I am planning on either adding small crocheted pink flowers or sew small pearl beads.
That's it at the moment! You might also have noticed that yet again, the name of this blog has changed. Finding a good name for the blog is one of the hardest thing and I am never really statisfied. The last name was just incredibly long, so I've gone for a silly pun this time, until I get fed up again I guess!

Until next time,

xx

1 comment:

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

I'm impressed you are making a bikini!. Good job. Gonna check out that mug cozy contest to see what others are doing there. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...