Friday, 27 May 2011

Friday’s post: 7 days 7 positive things

I can’t believe it’s Friday again already. This week seems to have gone in a flash! Here’s my 7 positive things for this week.

·         Highlight of the week has been my new haircut. It is amazing what a small change and a bit of pampering can do to you. I really like it, and have had many nice comments (including in the workplace, by the least expected people). I have also noticed that some of my clothes have a different “vibe” with this new haircut, so it made picking what to wear a bit easier.

·         Closely following my haircut is the very exciting IKEA desk we bought for £10 last Sunday, and setting up our spare room as a little sewing space. I still have to pinch myself to realise that I have a sewing station! This has made things so much easier as I also have a little “pressing/ ironing” space and pushed me to use my sewing machine even more (hint hint on my next Project A Week). The spare room still looks a bit messy so the Bank Holiday week-end might be a good occasion to have a look through the last boxes and tidy up.

·         Yesterday coming home on my lunch hour, a nice croissant was waiting for me. Buttery and flaky, just like in French boulangeries, and completely unexpected.Yum yum yum. Thanks to my boyfriend for bringing me a little bit of France to the table.

·         I am looking forward to my 3 day work next week as we get the Bank Holiday and Tuesday off where I work. Nothing planned but I’ll try to make the most of it.

·         Saturday I decided to speak to my sister on the webcam rather than on the phone and we had a lovely time, it was just great seeing each other, it made quite a difference and we'll be doing it more often I think. 

·     I found the perfect pattern on Ravelry for a cardigan! It's available on Knitty, here.  I love the fact that you can just do it with any yarn- this is going to be a saviour for my stash of charity shop wool. I also never attempted such a big project before so I'll see how it goes. The challenge is exciting and seems to be within my limits so fingers crossed!

·   Finally, my boyfriend is always very thoughtful when he goes to the library and gets me loads of books. This week I was spoilt with a fantastic book about fashion details, with lots of sketching, and a Vivienne Westwood book. Lots and lots of inspiration there. There should be a sewing website as organised as Ravelry- it would allow me to be a bit more organised!


And just as a bonus, this uplifting story:

Hope you have a great Bank Holiday week-end!


Until next time,


xx

2 comments:

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

You are definitely a lucky gal! Good for you!

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

You lucky girl! Glad you have a new sewing cabinet as it makes sewing easier. How was the croissant?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...