Saturday, 2 April 2011

Aspirations and hopes- 2KCBWDAY6

Something to aspire to...  Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? Is there a skill or project that makes your mind boggle at the sheer time, dedication and mastery of the craft? Maybe the skill or pattern is one that you don’t even personally want to make but can stand back and admire those that do. Maybe it is something you think you will never be bothered to actually make but can admire the result of those that have.

Since I’m sticking to my garter stitch at the moment there is a lot for me to aspire to. I would love to knit my own jumpers or cardigans. Last week I picked up a great book called Classic by Erica Knight and it has a gorgeous cardigan made with Rowan Kidsilk Haze. It’s not a very complicated cardigan but it’s still way above my abilities.

I already mentioned this week my love of quick knits and how I would abandon a project that seemed too long, so I would love to find a long pattern which could keep me motivated. Learn how to do ribbing, as previously mentioned, but also try to knit lace. I would also love to knit something for my boyfriend! My little knitted hats and purse are not really the ideal gift for him. I mentioned last year that I would like to knit a dress, this is still the case but the length of the project does scare me a bit. So there still a lot to look forward to J.

The internet is a great place to see what amazing stuff people have come up with so there is always someone inspiring me.

Until next time,

xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...