Wednesday, 16 March 2011

To do list/ Inspirations of the moment

Spring is on its way and I feel like I have to cram every little bit of knitting I can before the weather gets too hot! Just like last year, this is the time when I stumble upon lots of inspiring projects. I thought I’d share with you a few of the things I have on my Ravelry queue and projects I came across the net which I would love to have a go on.

  •    I finally managed to get a copy from the US magazine KnitScene Easy 2010 from a UK shop- I might have mentioned this in a previous post? I paid around £7 with postage. It is really good, has lots of very inspirational patterns. I started the Rainbow Cowl which is the first project, but used my Palette Vintage Yarn in Otter I bought in Hobbycraft. I’m hoping to add some cute Art Deco Black, White and Gold buttons on it. I should finish it soon otherwise I’ll have to wait until autumn to wear it! There are so many other patterns that I want to knit in the magazine though: The Pinch Hat, The Tweed Scarflet, The triangle scarf, the four squares pillow....
  • I really want to knit a mug cosy like the one on this blog but it might be a tad too late in the year although I never really say no to a cup of steaming hot tea!
  • My Easy mitts from “A Project A Week” have got fans- my sister’s colleagues have been asking for some pairs in pink and purple!

  •  The new models below from Bergere de France are amazing! Love the bow on the side of the hat and the little capelet has got an interesting structure.
Pic from the Bergere de France French website
Pic from the Bergere de France French website


  • I’m still trying to find a way of getting rid of my acrylic stash.... and saw some garter stitch bunting on Ravelry, so might have a go at this.
   
  • Finally I want to try to make a ruffled scarf. I have a sort of idea of how I want to make it but I’m not sure it’s going to work...

Knitting and Crochet Blog Week is also re-starting soon! You might remember I had a go at it last year and stopped after 3 days. This year I'm having another go, I'm feeling a bit more confident as I got into the habit of updating my blog regularly. 

And don't forget there is still time for you to bid on one of the items I put on Ebay for the victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami. Just go to my shop on ebay UK. There is a bundle of Rowan yarn and 2 remnants of fabric and I will try my best to list more stuff. 100% of the sale will go to GlobalGiving!

Until next time

xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...