Monday, 7 March 2011

A Project A week 10: Embroidery hoops

After the t-shirt disaster and a few questions on my ability in sewing and whether it was worth carrying on, I decided to try something a bit different. On my trip to Hobbycraft Cardiff I picked up some lovely small embroidery hoops so I decided to embroider a piece of fabric and stick in the embroidery hoop.

To find a nice picture to embroider I looked on this blog, there is also a Flickr page which has tons of designs. I settled on some nice vintage looking flowers, and with vanishing fabric pen, drew onto my fabric:


I then used 3 strands of black embroidery cotton. After a couple of hours, this is what it looked like:


It looks fine, but you can still see the pen in some parts. Do I try to wash the fabric, or is it the black of the thread going to run on the fabric and ruin the whole thing?

Until next time,

xx

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Thank you for checking on me! We're fine- we felt it (largest I ever felt), but no damage for our area.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...