Thursday, 31 March 2011

2KCBWDAY4- Whatever happened to my knits?

Day Four: 31st March. Where are they now?
Whatever happened to your __________?
Write about the fate of a past knitting project. Whether it be something that you crocheted or knitted for yourself or to give to another person. An item that lives with you or something which you sent off to charity.

I have been knitting more than ever over the past year and although some of my projects have been mentioned in this blog and / or on Ravelry some of these I haven’t talked about, mostly because I didn’t get a chance to take a picture before giving them away. There is always a little story around what I knit, so picking one is a bit hard.

One of the recent projects I really enjoyed making was the knitted Kermit the frog featured a few weeks ago on “A Project A Week”. I already said quite a lot about it in the original post and was very pleased with the result. What I didn’t expect was that all of my family would fall in love with it and request their own knitted Kermits!

My sister was the one who dared me to make one in the first instance so she was the first I contacted. She is a very frank person who is not afraid of telling you what she thinks, she does it in a tactful way but she is very honest. She has saved me from buying clothes which would have made me look ridiculous more than once! So her opinion was quite important to me. I thought Kermit wasn’t bad for a first try, but for her it was fantastic and she begged me to have it. I agreed of course, only to be greeted with a slightly disappointed look from my boyfriend: “Oh, your Kermit is going back to France then?” It turned out he liked little Kermit too! I was then commissioned by my mum to make another Kermit she could put in her car. I complied at the beginning of last week, and on Saturday as we were talking about it I suddenly saw that my dad had a somehow sulky look.

“What’s wrong Dad?”

“Well, you didn’t ask me if I wanted a knitted Kermit to put in my car...”

Yes, now my dad wants a Kermit as well. Good job that green ball of yarn from Oxfam was a big one!

Until next time,

xx


PS: This blogging week is going well so far! I did have a little think about what I was going to write but decided not to fully prepare my articles in advance. I can’t wait to post tomorrow’s article either! xx

2 comments:

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

Am going over now to check out Kermit the Frog from your link.

Popbabe7 said...

Hello Nancy and thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I was meant to link it ot the original post but forgot- it has now been updated. Thank you for letting me know!

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...