Tuesday, 1 February 2011

A Project A week 5: The very easy Mary-Jane slippers

This week I've done some knitting, a few weeks ago I mentioned in a post how I felt stuck in a rut with knitting, with me only being to do garter stitch until I saw some pretty amazing projects on Ravelry, well this week this is one of these quick fast and satisfying projects.

So here it is: my own version of the very easy Mary-Jane slippers!



The instructions are pretty straight-forward, and if you have a look at the numerous pics of this project on Ravelry you'll notice that you can customise it any way you want. Some people had little bows, buttons, pom poms, you name it. I just added two little white fabric buttons as I wanted to keep it simple.

The only thing I regret about this is the yarn I chose, which is some cheap acrylic and is very stretchy, and I don't think it makes the slippers look too good. Next time, I'll pick some nicer wool. I do have a huge stash of cheap acrylic wool but I think I'm just going to knit some squares and sew them together to make a nice colourful blanket.

I might have some time for another project before Sunday, so stay tuned!

Until next time,

xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...