Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Not-so-fond farewell


So... that’s it. We’ll be moving on with our lives in very separate ways pretty soon. I can’t say that you’ve been the greatest in these 2.5 years. I can’t even say it was love at first sight when I saw you. It was more of a case of being forced to make a decision. You were cheap, small and sort of cute. And then reality caught up: you were damp, smelly, had all sort of vermin, and you were boiling in summer and freezing in winter. Nothing was ever practical or straight forward. I ended up nearly hating you, and was so desperate to get away from you.

Your replacement? Younger, secure and well insulated. Dear flat, I’m moving out on Friday, to a new place where the thermostat works, the shower is not a trickle and walls are thick, giving decent insulation and privacy (no more “Coronation Street” theme tune coming from the neighbour’s TV). I won’t have to deal anymore with real life Del Boys, my mail will be coming straight through my door and if I want to add some shelves I won’t be stopped by awkward wall shapes.

I am absolutely beaming right now.


7 comments:

Noas' Libellule said...

C'est une super nouvelle!!!

Popbabe7 said...

Merci! Je suis tres tres soulagee, car ca a mis un temps fou a l'agence pour nous donner la reponse.

Par contre on a 3 jours pour faire les cartons!!! Panique assuree!

Toria said...

Congratulations! I hope the move goes well and your younger and prettier replacement works out well for you ;)

Popbabe7 said...

Thanks! It has been a hell of a week, and being super supersticious didn't want to start packing until I knew for sure it was going ahead...

Cherry Plum said...

We want photos of your new place!

Popbabe7 said...

I'll try to post some next week, once we'll be all settled. Can't wait!

CottonCloud said...

On parle de mon appartement là c'est ça ? :D

Ah non, il ne fait pas trop chaud en été et il aurait fallu mentionner les souris hihi.

J'espère que le nouvel appartement est parfait et sans mauvaise surprise !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...