Tuesday, 22 February 2011

The low down on moving out


So that’s it, we moved out! Needless to say I am shattered- I just glanced at my reflect in the lift at work and I would not look out of place in the Thriller video clip. Overall it went fine, just a few hiccups along the way (no electricity when we moved in, had to wait 3 hours for an electrician while we could have been moving some of our stuff in!) and we are not fully settled in yet, but we MOVED! It happened so fast I still can’t realise. As my boyfriend nicely put it “It feels like being in a hotel where somehow all our stuff has been dumped”.

The whole process was becoming a saga, we had the viewing cancelled for this flat 3 times. Our persistence paid off though as most of the people lost interest, and we were the only ones still eager to see it after all the cancellations, and we weren’t disappointed. It didn’t took us me long to fall in love with it. I could see myself living there before we even moved in!

Now we are just surrounded with boxes, the kitchen is all tidied up so we have a bit of normality (and can finally eat properly) but it’s going to take some time for us to truly feel at home. We also have to get rid of stuff (again) as we simply have too much. We already gave away 8 giant big bags to our local Tenovus shop before we moved out. It was mostly clothes and shoes which were in great condition so I hope they’ll get a lot of money from them! It wasn’t enough though so we have to look into what we have again. I thought it would be very difficult for me, however I quite enjoy it so far. I’m still going to keep a few things I want to customise for “A Project a week” though!

Talking about “A Project a week”, well at the moment it’s in stand-by. I’m due to get the Internet/ phone back on again this Friday so hopefully next week I should be back on track. We now have a small bedroom/ spare room which might have a little sewing space if there is enough room! What an incentive for me to have a huge clear-out!

Until next time,

xx

4 comments:

Noas' Libellule said...

Glad it all went well! Mine is in two weeks' time. I do hate moving out...

Popbabe7 said...

Me too! It doesn't help when everyone around you tells you "did you know, they say that moving out is one of the most stressful thing in life!".

Good luck!

Little Treasures said...

Good luck moving!!
I came here to say a huge 'Thank you' for the lovely comment you left on the scarflette! I am glad you like it!
Furthermore, I love your profile story and would take the pleasure of browsing through your world!
Take care,
Maya

Cathnounourse said...

Merci pour ta visite ;)
Je ne suis pas assez douée pour te répondre en anglais mais qui sait?
Je vais peut-être m'améliorer à ton contact :p
à très bientôt j'espère!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...