Tuesday, 11 January 2011

New year, new project (and a cheap and nasty logo)

In this new year a lot of blogs I read tend to follow the same project. While I think this is a great idea I know I'd be rubbish at it because I would never manage to post a picture every day (I don't have one of these fancy phones where you can connect to the Internet anywhere anytime and above all I am a bit too lazy). The general idea though is brilliant so I have come up with my own little version to accommodate my love of crafting whilst taking into account my indolent nature. Therefore I present you



 
Yes it says it all in the incredibly tacky logo I designed! 52 weeks 52 projects (at least). I set myself a few guideline rules to avoid it going completely pear-shaped :

  • The projects must be craft-related: knitting, sewing, but there might also be the odd embroidery or Fimo monstrosity creeping up along the way.
  • The projects can be as small or big as I want so one week it might just be a small wardrobe refashion and a perfect skirt the next (one can dream). I will try to make a few big projects but they might take me more than a week. I'm a full-time worker so unfortunately my crafty time slots are reduced.
  • The projects must be made with fabric, notions, clothes and yarn I already own as much as possible- so that this doesn't end up as an excuse for a weekly trip to the fabric shop or an excuse to go clothes shopping...
  • And obviously they need to be posted on this blog !!
With this I'm hoping to build up my skills, reduce my craft stash and save money along the way. I think one crafty project a week should be able to achieve. And if I miss a week it won't be the end of the world- no pressure, this needs to stay fun! Not to mention that it will help me keep this blog up-to-date. I even plan on taking decent pictures (I have a feeling they will be as soon as we move out of our cave flat.)

I have created a new tag "A Project A Week" which will include all the projects. Week 1 has already gone- the project was the dogtooth bow added on my black velvet hat. Stay tuned for week 2!

Until next time,

xx

PS: Should you wish to join me in this adventure let me know, and you know what? I might even lend you my logo....



5 comments:

Toria said...

Well, a much more sensible challenge than the ones I usually come up with, good luck with it and I look forward to seeing what you make (fimo monstrosities included!)

Popbabe7 said...

Thank you! Yes I need a challenge that's not TOO challenging, too much pressure generally has an adverse effect on me (last year I tried to post once a day about knitting and stopped after 2/3 days- it was just too much). I'm really curious to find out if I can do it!!!

Noas' Libellule said...

This is quite a challenge, don't think I could do it really. But best of luck and I look forward to seeing your projects.

Popbabe7 said...

I think time is going to be my biggest enemy. Hopefully I won't give up after 3 weeks!

Knit Spirit said...

Now I understand why you think you won't be able to do the 365 projects! You already have your own project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...