Sunday, 9 January 2011

A little help from my (new) friend and general bla bla

I'm getting all the help I need to keep my resolution thanks to this (slightly belated) Christmas present:


I've been wanting a Maneki Neko for years and now I've got this little solar powered one. I've been so spoilt this year, I've had a couple of great books (here, here and here), some great accessories (including a teal winter cloche hat from Galeries Lafayettes which I fell in love during the summer holidays), this cute dress

How many sleeveless dress do I have? I lost count to be honest!!! This one is from Cache-Cache (www.cache-cache.fr)

and not to forget the ultimate Wii gift for the Mario nerd that I am

Yep Special edition with the Mario Music CD!!

This will ensure that I don't go out shopping since my only goal in life is now completing all the Mario games.

So it looks like I was spoilt, but my birthday is on Christmas day so I get twice as many gifts (and then have to wait for a whole year.). During my holiday I crafted a bit but not as much as I would have liked to. I made a couple of brooches, and knitted a few Mistinguett hats for my gran and my sister (coordinating with her hoody and mitts).

I'm still re-fashioning some of my clothes, the last thing being this little velvet hat I got for a Christmas/ birthday about 10 years ago


For this I just made a fabric bow (still from the 3 metres of dogtooth fabric I used for my car seat cover ) and added a little vintage button I got from my gran. It's funny how a small change can make such a difference!

I really love wearing hats!!!

Until next time,

xx

3 comments:

Noas' Libellule said...

Hats are coming back into fashion which is great news! My birthday is on 22 December.. How funny!

Popbabe7 said...

I love hats, they really make someone stand out! Happy belated birthday- December girls are the best! Must be the same for you regarding presents, all in the same week- I used to hate it when I was a kid. Now I quite like it as I'm sure to spend a nice chilled day at home with my loved ones. Funny how we change!!

CottonCloud said...

Oh j'adore le chapeau :D, je suis fan des noeuds !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...