Friday, 10 December 2010

The story of the lovely red skirt (not really a Christmas story)

You might remember that a while ago I posted about how you could make a skirt very similar to one sold in Warehouse using a Burda pattern....

You might also remember that I wrote that I wouldn't pay £45 for this skirt...

Well....

This skirt has been in my mind since then. A few weeks ago I even saw it in the shop, realised it was indeed a lovely skirt and how flattering it would look on me... but I put it back. A week later I noticed it wasn't on the website anymore.

Last week I got a voucher giving me 25% off at Warehouse, so full of hope I went back to where I saw it "in the flesh". Then my heart sank- it was nowhere to be seen. A look at several websites confirmed that the lovely red skirt was sold out.

So imagine my surprise yesterday when I happened to stumble upon the elusive red skirt available at Asos.com. In one size only.... which happened to be my size.

Needless to say I bought it (and paid the full price). Today it's out of stock again. I might look like an idiot, saying I wouldn't pay that much for a skirt and then doing it, but right now I don't care. Because 1) As we say in France il n'y a que les imbeciles qui ne changent pas d'avis- only fools don't change their mind 2) I have a gorgeous skirt 3) I bought some fabric for the Burda skirt so theoretically- and providing everything goes well- I could have another hand made lovely skirt.

Until next time,

xx

2 comments:

Noas' Libellule said...

It is easier to make a skirt if you have a model in front of you. So very good investment!

Popbabe7 said...

That is a very fair point actually!! Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...