Saturday, 6 November 2010

Wardrobe re-vamp #1

As mentionned before I'm giving myself a break from trying to make a dress from scratch and have now turned my hands (and needle and thread) to re-vamping some of the clothes I own but don't really wear. Grosgrain is doing an Embellish Knit month at the moment - you might have seen the little gif on the side of my blog. It's only day 6 but she's already blown me away for several times (actually each of her post blows me away).  But before trying to size down XXL jumpers and turning them into cardigan, I thought I'd start with an easier challenge!

So here it is, my glammed up cardigan!


Not my best picture but hey! It's the cardi that matters





This was actually a black cardigan from Zara, bought years ago and never really loved (= always at the back of the wardrobe). There was just something I didn't like about it... It was just too plain, too boring... So was perfect to experiment with.

First I sewed all the buttonholes and removed the buttons. I tend to only button the middle or top button on my cardigans so opted for the first option. Then I had to choose a button...


I got these a while ago. I absolutely adore these buttons, they are so quirky!I thought it would be perfect to add a bit of oomph, and black and white is safe enough to be coordinated with other colours. It looked nice, but was still a little bit too plain.

It was when I pulled out my winter clothes from my wardrobe that I realised I had the perfect accessory to add. Last spring in the sales at Tesco's were fake-fur collars in different colours. At £2.50 instead of £10 I picked a black one and dark burgundy one. Then of course, it was time to pack my winter clothes so I forgot all about them. I like this sort of surprises.

I went for the dark burgundy collar over the black one, as I really wanted something to stand out. I think it works really well, even more when I noticed I had several pairs of tights the same colour. I am slightly obsessed with coordinating the clothes I'm wearing.

It didn't take me long (a couple of hours maximum) and I'm glad with the result. I'll definitely be wearing it now!

Until next time,

xx

4 comments:

Noas' libellule said...

This is really nice! I love being to re-use clothes...

Popbabe7 said...

Thank you! I love how it turned out. Makes me feel like I have got a new cardi without breaking the bank- ideal just before Christmas! xx

Cherry Plum said...

I love furry collars. They are so 20s. With that cardigan and your pleated skirt you look like a flapper!

Cherry Plum said...

You dont have to convince me. I am already in love with your country :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...