So here is the first part of Popbabe7's very crafty Christmas: mainly very easy, little or not-so-little Sewing ideas!
- Flower brooch: Made from felt, scraps of fabric... You name it. They are incredibly easy to make , cheap and once you get the hang of it you can easily make them in less than an hour. This is my version and a more elaborate version from Adventures in Dressmaking . You don't need a sewing machine for this!! Difficulty rating: Easy
- Embellished Cardigans: Grosgrain's embellish month is not over yet and whilst you might decide not go all the way (size down a jumper/ cardigan) you could get inspired and add a few contrasting ruffles onto a plain cardi. Add a fake fur collar to a cardi, like I did or make a fabric bow, which always give a cute, retro look. Or think funky buttons- why not try to make your own with Fimo? For embellishments you generally don't need a sewing machine by the way. Difficulty rating: Easy
- Bags bags bags: from bags for life (shopping bags) to little handbags you can find countless tutorials on the net, like this one, this one, this one. You will need a sewing machine for most of these. On a smaller case why not make an iPod case? Difficulty rating: Less Easy
- Make yoyos as embellishment to bags, brooches, or mini yoyos necklace!!! Difficulty rating: Super Easy
- Last but not least, why not try to have a go at something more ambitious and make a customised skirt? I'm planning on using McCalls M3341- it looks straight forward, doesn't require much fabric (less than a meter) and can be used with a variety of fabric.
|The two top left versions are the length I'm looking for|
The only downside for this is that you have to make sure you get the right measurements, otherwise it will be a disappointment! But I can see myself using this pattern again and again and customise skirts with applique. Needless to say you would definitely need a sewing machine for this. Difficulty rating: Trickier
So this is what I'll be up to in the next few weeks. Next I will post easy knitting projects!!
Until next time,