Sunday, 16 May 2010

I made it!!!

This week end I didn't go out as much as I usually do as my other half was poorly. I stayed at home with him as he was really bad and I was a bit worried. While nursing him I decided to made the most of my day at home by attempting to make a myself a shift dress using a simple dress I own as my pattern (sleeveless, a-line, nothing too complicated). 2 hours later...Tadam!!!!



Pic is a bit blurry, especially on the left hand- it looks I have several ones on top of one another! This was taken before I finished tidying up the seams so you can see a bit of thread on one of my shoulders. When I saw that it looked allright I couldn't wait to try it on and when I realised it fitted I wanted to take a photo straight away!

And yes, this is still the same dogtooth fabric I used for my car seat covers and my bag. And I still have about 2.5 metres, so I will make another one! I just love this shape and next time I'll be a bit more adventurous with the neckline and add some pockets or cute buttons.

I really hope the weather gets a bit warmer so that I can wear it tomorrow to work!!


Until next time,

xx

3 comments:

Noas' libellule said...

Cannot believe you managed to finish within two hours, that is pretty cool! Super sympa la robe!

Popbabe7 said...

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog- you must be pretty busy at the moment I guess! xxxxx

Rachel said...

Very cute! PS - Don't feel intimidated by Colette Patterns - they are so well drafted and the instructions so thorough, any skill level would be fine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...