Tuesday, 27 April 2010

An Inspirational Pattern (Knitting and Crochet Blog week)

Today’s Knitting and Crochet blog week post is all about aspirations and patterns/ projects you would like to be able to do. There are so many things I would like to create. As I said in one of my previous posts my failed attempts at knit purl knit purl only resulted in rage and frustration and so at the moment my aspirations are limited!!



Overall I would say that skirts and dress patterns are the most attractive to me. I hardly ever wear trousers and I have over 100 skirts and dresses in all sorts of shapes and length, with a pronounced penchant for anything retro. Leggings, tunics, denim minis- all them are a no-no as far as I’m concerned!


Now back on the subject...



So many patterns have caught my eyes but one I would quite like to have a go at one of these dresses (this and this one below:




Jumper dresses are so useful here in the UK, they keep you warm and snugly while still looking feminine. A pair of nice patterned opaque tights, a belt, some (sensible) heels and you’ve got a great and comfy look! It doesn’t look too complicated to do, but I definitely need more time on my hands, and more practice. I would probably also go for another choice of colour.



At the moment I am trying to knit a skirt in royal blue chunky wool (inspired by one of the outfits worn by Anna Karina in “Une femme est une femme”). I’m not following a pattern so it might just turn into a disaster (look at me, always the optimistic kind!), but I am determined to learn from my possible mistakes in order to gain practice and confidence along the way and why not, have a go at one of the patterns above next!



When I get much much much more confident I would absolutely love to make this glam flapper dress or any of the vintage models I have seen on ravelry!





xx


1 comment:

Noas' libellule said...

These projects are so beautiful! Once you have the hang of purl/knit you'll be there. I am impressed you have managed your two days of blogging!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...