Sunday, 25 April 2010

Bag! Bag! Bag!

How to beat that Sunday evening feeling? How about... making a quick, I've-never-done-it before bag ?






I've just realised it looks huge on the pic but in fact is smaller- I blame the photographer! I made it from a cushion cover I got from Ikea this afternoon. My stash of fabric is growing but as I'm only a beginner I'm a bit scared of messing up so when I realised it turned out ok I was very pleased!

I didn't follow any pattern, just cut a rectangle and used the seams already there to help me. The fabric was just ideal and so easy to sew. I didn't sew seams on the handles and they were fraying, so I used my pinking shears. I love these scissors, I discovered them when I was 12 and recovering from appendicitis, since then I've always used them for decorating cards, booklets etc. Now they have a second life as part of my sewing essentials !

Next step for me will be a bag made of a fat quarter as seen on the sewmamasew website. And of course, the intensive week of blogging on Knitting and Crochet blog week!!!

Goodnight! xx


2 comments:

Noas' libellule said...

Such a great idea!!! Looks great too! Looking forward to your week of blogging, what project did you choose in the end?
PS: hen do c'est super bien passe, et beaucoup plus soft que la vraie version anglaise. On est retourne a Bath ou j'etais etudiante il y a deja 7 ans de ca...

Popbabe7 said...

I'm going to try to write a post everyday, during the week should be ok but it's going to be a bit more difficult on the week-end. I'm probably going to be out and about for the Bank Holiday.

Ah Bath, tres jolie ville. As-tu entendu parler du magasin The Makery qui est a Bath?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...