Monday, 1 February 2010

Snood!!!

My snood is now finished! I am quite pleased with the results, it covers my shoulders and has a shape that I really like. It looks fab with a little basic jumper dress and some funky tights!!! (Below are one of my favourite pair of Pretty Polly tights. I have an indecent collection of tights!! The shoes are- believe it or not- Doc Martens. I love these so much that I have several pairs. I always manage to get them on sale somehow, mainly on Amazon uk...)

And as promised, a few pics of the purse I made last week. (This is the second time I am posting this now as 20 minutes ago while I was writing the last paragraph I pressed CTRL and A then delete by mistake- it all happened in a flash and suddenly I was faced with a blank post. I wasn't happy to say the least but could only blame my fat fingers!!)


Somehow some stitches managed to sneak up between the beginning and the end of my knitting so the bottom was a bit larger than the top. I still don't know how I did it!! I also thought it would be nice to add some material inside as the lining and add some cute buttons on the top flap.


Here it is with the lining all sewn up. Nor perfect, but considering this is my first attempt at sewing lining ever, I guess it could have been worse. Hopefully practice makes perfect!




The sides have now been sewn. It starts to look like something!



Here it is, all finished. I added some small snap fasteners inside and sew the two buttons on top. The black thread you can see at the bottom is not part of the purse! It was just hanging there before I tidied up!
Overall it took me roughly 3 hours and the hardest bit for me was to sew the lining as I'm not an expert in sewing to say the least. This is the sort of project that is easy enough and doesn't take ages to complete.
With this and my lovely, snuggly snood, I can't wait to start another project! I have a few ideas for the moment: create a little bag following my purse pattern but making it a big bigger (I bought loads of material for lining this week-end, back and white and red & white dotted material, big oversized 60s buttons...), make myself a little cape using the same needles and sort of wool as my snood, and try my newly acquired circular needles by - why not- knitting a beret? (By the way, the 6 Nations start next week-end, I don't know how France will fare this year...)
Until next time,
xx










2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm loving the new layout! I finally figured out how to add my avatar on Ravelry. Yay! Are you on Ravelry? (Btw, the snood is sweet!)

Popbabe7 said...

Thanks!! I think this one is a bit clearer than the last one. I'm glad you managed to put this pic on Ravelry, I think it looks so cute! I'm really pleased with the snood, the wool I used was such a change from the usual 100% acrylic yarn. I'm a big fan of chunky yarn and 8mm needles now!

Yes I'm on Ravelry by the way, but I don't have the same name on there. Will send you a friend request if you don't mind! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...